- Metal Dusting and Coking are corrosion phenomena in dry reforming processes for synthesis gas production, where high carbon activities and low oxygen partial pressures prevail.
- Synthesis gas production takes place under high pressure, making materials testing a challenge, therefore, new test methods have to be developed
- Long-term tests under aggressive process conditions, also under pressure
- Material recommendation based on test results to ensure safe long-term operation of the process
- Development of coatings that suppress metal dusting, for example by inhibiting the attack
- Material recommendation and coating development for safe long-term operation
- Increase of trouble-free operating times and extension of maintenance intervals